Job Title: Senior Construction Manager
Location: Los Angeles County, San Bernardino County, Riverside County and Orange County
Years of Experience: Minimum 10 to 20 years
Summary: Transtech Engineers, Inc. is seeking an experienced Senior Level Construction Manager with at least 10 to 20 years of experience with Public Works Projects and Construction/Project Management overseeing technical phases of planning, construction, and directing public works projects with extensive experience in development and maintaining new business and client relationships. Candidate must possess excellent communication, technical writing, and presentation skills, effective client communications/interactions and have the ability to operate independently with minimal supervision. Applicant must have experience in proposal preparation, client relations, and business development. A Senior Construction Manager will perform in the role of a senior consultant, project manager, team leader, or department manager. Position requires extensive experience in public works projects which may include experience in public works departments for municipalities. Candidate must be capable of independently evaluating, selecting, and applying techniques, procedures, and criteria to site development projects. Candidate must be willing to commute from different project site locations (LA, OC, RIV, and SB Counties) and be detailed oriented with good written and verbal communication skills. Candidate will be expected to successfully execute appropriate levels of leadership and client relations.
Job Requirements (minimum):
- Minimum 10 to 20 years of project management/engineering experience in Public Works Projects, civil project management.
- Candidate must be familiar with computer operation (MS Office). It is highly desirable that the individual will have knowledge of computer assisted engineering and design software. Prefer knowledge in Primavera CM Software.
- Maintain a high level of understanding of departmental design standards, applicable engineering codes and policies, guidelines and standards. Provides suggestions for improvements and cost saving measures.
- May supervise and direct assigned staff, inspectors, and others to the project or a task, and reviews work progress and results.
- Performs contract administration duties on public works capital improvement projects to insure conformance with plans, contract documents, and special provisions; tracks contractor’s work progress; processes progress payments; identifies, evaluates, and resolves issues or conflicts; negotiates, writes, and processes change orders; reviews and processes submittals; plan checks; insures as-built drawings are developed and maintained, prepares correspondence and reports using a computer, maintains accurate records.
- Coordinate construction meetings, confers with engineers, consultants, contractors and developers in relation to public works projects, recommends corrective measures to be implemented for omissions or conflicts identified between the plans and field conditions; responds to and resolves complaints; provides technical information to personnel in other departments and to the public; participates in the City and Public Works Safety Programs.
- Prepare or direct preparation and modification of reports, specifications, drawings, construction schedules, and designs for project.
- Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate closeout documents are distributed in a timely manner in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
- Works independently, using knowledge of industry and/or professional guidelines and protocols to accomplish goals and objectives and solve problems of diverse scope.
- Must have design experience with infrastructure, transportation, and site improvement projects.
- Project Management skills, reviews and coordinates efforts with other project team members including development and management of schedules, budget and preparation of proposals.
- Ideal candidate possessing design field, construction, and client development experiences.
- Attend client meetings and associated agency meetings (including city council, county planning, zoning, etc).
- Serve as on-site project representative and visit project site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
- Oversee contract administration. Works with client, agencies, and senior management to assure that tasks are appropriate and deliveries can be made on time and on budget.
- Coordinate with other teams, departments, and/or offices to assure that expert staff are consulted when appropriate for project concern/issue.
- Ability to perform work in the capacity of City Engineer when required.
- Ability to sit or stands for long periods and walk to conduct site visits.
- Ability to use keyboard and mouse for long periods of occasion.
- Current driver’s license and good driving record is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Professional appearance and interaction.
Starting Salary and Benefits: Salary is negotiable and is based on candidate’s qualifications with health insurance and 401 K benefits.
Interested candidates, please send your resume to email@example.com