Job Title: Senior Construction Inspector-Project Manager
Location: Los Angeles County, San Bernardino County, Riverside County and Orange County
Years of Experience: Minimum 10 to 20 years
Summary: Transtech Engineers, Inc. is seeking an experienced Senior Level Construction Inspector with at least 10 to 20 years of experience with Public Works Projects and Construction/Project Management overseeing technical phases of construction, and directing public works projects with extensive experience in development and maintaining new business and client relationships. Construction Inspector performs inspection of public improvements and Capital Improvement Projects (CIP), including contract administration, to ensure conformance with contract specifications and special provisions, approved plans, and compliance with all required regulations, codes and standards, and performs other related work. Candidate must be willing to commute from different project site locations (LA, OC, RIV, and SB Counties) and be detailed oriented with good written and verbal communication skills.
Job Requirements (minimum):
- Equivalent to an Associate’s degree in civil engineering, architecture, or a related field; or certificate program in engineering or construction technology, building inspection, or related field; and at least 10 to 20 years of experience in a related field of construction engineering, construction management, or construction inspection.
- Reviews plans, special provisions, and specifications for completeness and accuracy; identifies errors, omission and possible construction conflicts; makes engineering calculations; and recommends corrective measures as appropriate.
- Conducts proper and timely inspection on small to large scale projects, including but not limited to street improvements, bridges, water, sewer and storm drain construction for conformance with approved plans, specifications, special provisions, and government requirements, codes, and standards; monitors construction; inspects work encompassed within grading and encroachment permits; and ensures public safety.
- Performs contract administration duties on public works capital improvement projects to insure conformance with plans, contract documents, and special provisions; tracks contractor’s work progress; processes progress payments; identifies, evaluates, and resolves issues or conflicts; negotiates, writes, and processes change orders; reviews and processes submittals; plan checks; insures as-built drawings are developed and maintained, prepares correspondence and reports using a computer, maintains accurate records.
- Coordinates construction meetings, confers with engineers, consultants, contractors and developers in relation to public works projects, recommends corrective measures to be implemented for omissions or conflicts identified between the plans and field conditions; responds to and resolves complaints; provides technical information to personnel in other departments and to the public; participates in the City and Public Works Safety Programs.
- Assist with contract negotiation, contractor coordination, project reports and project scheduling.
- Assist in preparing budgets and construction project progress.
- Monitor the quality of the contractor work and ensure adherence to the specifications.
- Responsible for assisting with correspondence, change orders, invoice processing and monitoring budget variances.
- Make regular trips to sites during construction including: bid walk, precon walk, in progress site visits, punchwalk and construction closeout.
- Ensure Project Manager is updated daily on the status of construction and aware of any issues that will impact project cost, quality or completion.
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with City and Caltrans construction standards, processes, and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate closeout documents are distributed in a timely manner in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
- Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
- Complete pre-inspection QA/QC checklist.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Professional appearance and interaction.
- Strong computer skills.
- Attend client meetings and associated agency meetings (including city council, etc).
- Work with client, agencies, and senior management to assure that tasks are appropriate and deliveries can be made on time and on budget.
- Coordinate with other teams, departments, and/or offices to assure that expert staff are consulted when appropriate for project concern/issue
- Work independently, using knowledge of industry and/or professional guidelines and protocols to accomplish goals and objectives and solve problems of diverse scope.
- Experience in feasibility studies, preliminary engineering, cost estimating, public bidding and construction administration.
- Ability to sit or stands for long periods and walk to conduct site visits.
- Ability to use keyboard and mouse for long periods of occasion.
- Perform tasks requiring bending, kneeling, twisting, and squatting; walking on uneven and slippery surfaces; climbing ladders and ascending and descending stairs; working both inside and outside with exposure to weather, odors, dust and pollen; repetitive hand and arm motions; the ability to see well enough to read documents and computer screens; the ability to hear and distinguish various sounds, such as alarms and sounds of operating equipment in both quiet and noisy environments; hand and finger dexterity sufficient to use small tools; and walking and standing for extended periods of time.
- Current driver’s license and good driving record is required.
Starting Salary and Benefits: Salary is negotiable and is based on candidate’s qualifications with health insurance and 401 K benefits.
Interested candidates, please send your resume to email@example.com